Chartreuse Green Liqueur
Chartreuse has been made by the Carthusian Monks since 1737. The monks were gifted an elixir of life manuscript by Francois Annibal d’Estrees in 1605 with a list of over 130 herbs, plants and flowers. They believed that this tonic would cure all ailments. To this day the full list has only been seen by a select group in the monastery.