In 1966 an American man called Mark Edwin Andrews purchased Knappogue Castle in co Clare with the idea of renovating it into a restaurant. While doing this he sourced Whiskey for his private collection, mostly from the B Daly Distillery (mothballed in 1869) In 1998 his son, also called Mark, noticed his dad had some amazing liquid in storage and thus Knappogue Castle Whiskey was created.
Part of the new ‘Cask Finish Series’ from Knappogue Castle. This single malt is non-chill filtered, triple distilled and aged for a minimum of 12 years in ex-bourbon barrels before being finished in Marco de Bartoli Marsala casks.
Limited to 1200. Limited to the Irish market